The Society of Hong Kong Scholars invites eligible HSUHK academic staff members to submit applications for the Hong Kong Scholars Program Mainland – Hong Kong Joint Postdoctoral Fellows Program (「香江學者計劃」－香港內地聯合培養博士後研究人員計劃).
The Program is jointly launched by the Society of Hong Kong Scholars and the China National Postdoctoral Council under the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security. The Program aims to pool together talents and research resources of Hong Kong and the Mainland to train outstanding postdoctoral fellows. Selected “Hong Kong Scholars” (i.e. the postdoctoral fellows) will come to Hong Kong to commence postdoctoral research work under professors at various universities in Hong Kong. The monthly stipend for the Hong Kong Scholar is HK$30,000. Hong Kong Supervisors will pay HK$15,000 monthly (equivalent to half of the monthly stipend) using his/her respective research funding and the other half will be paid by the Mainland Government.
To be eligible for the program as a supervisor, the applicant should
- hold a full-time faculty position at the rank of Associate Professor or above at universities and is willing to provide training positions in selected disciplines (attached “Discipline Classification”); and
- be currently holding a funded research project(s) and with sufficient research funding to support a postdoctoral fellow position for two years; and
- be currently conducting high-level research projects and with experience in supervising PhD students and/ or postdoctoral fellows; and
- possess adequate research equipment and facilities; and
- have experience in obtaining projects through international competition, and/ or with track record in conducting national key projects with have priority.
Application and timeframe
Interested parties are required to submit an application through the website of the “Hong Kong Scholars Program” (http://www.hkscholars.org/default.php ) on or before 3 January 2020. For the new user, please register an account and fill in the online form. For those who already registered last year, please login to your account and complete the online form.
Details of the Program
For more details, please refer to the following documents attached herewith
-Guidelines and Procedures 2020
-Discipline Classification (Chinese version)
For enquiries, please contact the Secretariat of the “Hong Kong Scholars Program”.
Tel. no: 2893 7503 Email: email@example.com